Our Privacy Statement explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information, by StreamTube in connection with our service.
If you have general questions about your account or how to contact customer service for assistance, please contact us using our Contact Form at https://stream-tube.com/contact/. For questions specifically concerning our Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies or similar technologies, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Privacy Office by email at email@example.com.
The data controller of your personal information is StreamTube. Please be aware that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours, we will need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you, such as:
- Information you provide to us: We collect the information you provide to us, which includes:
- your first and last name, email address, address and postal code, payment method(s), and telephone number.
- Information, when you choose to provide ratings, or otherwise, provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer. This information includes:
- your activity on our Site;
- your interactions with our emails and texts, and with our messages through push and online messaging channels;
- details of your interactions with our customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers), such as those on mobile devices, tablets, and streaming media devices that include such identifiers (see the “Cookies and Internet Advertising” section below for more information);
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
- Information from other sources: We also obtain information from other sources. We protect this information according to the practices described in this Privacy Statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These sources vary over time, but could include:
- online and offline data providers, from which we obtain aggregated demographic, interest-based and online advertising related data;
- publicly-available sources such as publicly available posts on social media platforms and information accessible through public databases associating IP addresses with internet service providers (ISPs).
Use of Information
We use relevant information to provide, analyse, administer, enhance and personalise our services and marketing efforts, to manage member referrals, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use such information to:
- determine your general geographic location
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud;
- analyse and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimise content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
- communicate with you concerning our service so that we can send you news about StreamTube, details about special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. These communications may be by various methods, such as email, push notifications, text message, online messaging channels, and matched identifier communications (described below). Please see the “Your Choices” section of this Privacy Statement to learn how to set or change your communications preferences.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect and use it. We typically collect personal information from you where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (for example, to provide our services to you), where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for example, to prevent payment fraud or confirm your identity). For questions about our use of your personal information (including legal bases and transfer mechanisms we rely on), cookies or similar technologies, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Privacy Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for specific purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide:
- infrastructure and IT services to personalise and optimise our service
- to process credit card transactions or other payment methods
- to provide customer service
- to analyse and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys.
In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorise them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services (which includes maintaining and improving their services).
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with performing the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their privacy practices.
Your Information and Rights
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
To make requests, or if you have a question regarding our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Privacy Office at email@example.com. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights following applicable data protection laws.
You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your data;
- if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time;
- withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted before your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent;
- you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Our main establishment within the European Union is in the Netherlands.
We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honour your choices, for our billing or records purposes and to fulfil the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We take reasonable measures to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when it is no longer required.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorised access, use and modification. Our risk-measures provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information.
You must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to StreamTube.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) according to law. Your continued use of our service after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgement and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes. If you do not wish to acknowledge or accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use of our services. To see when this Privacy Statement was last updated, please see the “Last Updated” section below.
Cookies and Internet Advertising
Cookies and similar technologies, web beacons, and resettable device identifiers
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. We use other technologies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, these different technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. In many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of web beacons associated with those cookies.
Why does StreamTube use these technologies?
We use these types of technologies for various reasons. Typically, it is easier to access our services by remembering you when you return;
- to provide, analyse, understand and enhance the use of our services;
- to enforce our terms, prevent fraud;
- to improve site performance, monitor visitor traffic and actions on our Site;
- and to deliver and tailor our marketing or advertising, and to understand interactions with our emails, marketing, and online ads on third party sites.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential, but they help us to personalise and enhance your online experience. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during sign-up). We also use these cookies to collect information such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors’ use of the Site to enhance and personalise our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies may result in limited functionality of our service.
To exercise choice regarding resettable device identifiers
To opt-out of interest-based ads from StreamTube in connection with a resettable device identifier on a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media devices, please configure the appropriate setting on your device (usually found under “privacy” or “ads” in your device’s settings). You may still see StreamTube ads on your device.
To exercise choice using self-regulatory program resources
StreamTube supports the following self-regulatory programs, which provide additional privacy choices for interest-based advertising:
To exercise choice regarding other technologies
There are several ways to exercise choice regarding technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser’s help function or support area to learn more. Other technologies, such as Silverlight storage, may be cleared from within the application.
Last Updated: June 1, 2020